Monday 29 July 2013

The Spirit of Elijah compared with the learning and understanding of missionary work along with our Savior Jesus Christ and Prophet Joseph Smith

Hello Everyone who follows and likes my posts.


Last night and today I have started to study the scriptures in quite some depth and also using the preach my gospel a long side it. I have learnt so many new things on how it is important to invite people to come unto Christ, how important faith is.  How hope can lead us all in the right direction to go in, for enduring to the end. 

At this moment as I am writing this post I am learning about The Spirit Of Elijah.  And learnt that he is a manifestation of the Holy Ghost bearing witness of the amazing nature of the family. And how special it is to have your family living the Gospel and being able to sit down together and study, even learn about the teachings of Christ and having the Holy Ghost and the spirit of Elijah bearing witness of it upon you at such times. 

And that we have the Book Of Mormon on this earth and it is the greatest gift ever that God has actually given us, to know the truth from when Joseph Smith decided to go down into the sacred grove and kneel down and pray, and being told that he is the prophet of the Lord and that he had such an important work to do on this earth and bring back the true church of Jesus Christ on this earth once again. 

That church is known as The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints, and for me knowing that Joseph Smith listened to Heavenly Father at that time he did and chose to do what the Lord wanted is an amazing sacrifice he gave, he could have ignored the Lord and went about his own ways, but because of the caring nature of Joseph smith he didn't. He decided to listen and help restore Christ's church back on earth at that time. Being able to get the gift to be able to translate the Book Of Mormon into English was amazing, even though it took a while he completed the task that God gave him. 

To me Joseph showed great and utter faith in Christ and God, so that he could know the truth of what he wanted and how he had to do it in this life. I am so thankful for Prophet Joseph Smith, I know that he was the true Prophet of Christ and that he had the strength to over come his trials that he faced and he kept going on with the support of his wife and family behind him.

I have also learnt more about missionary work and how important of a role it is in Christ's church and how he wants us to either give up 18 months or 2 years of our lives to go out and serve him the way he served us at the time of his reign when he was in Jerusalem at his time. And that the Atonement he did for us is a great blessing, he didn't again have to do this but he did because it was what he was supposed to do, he wasn't scared to do that, he knew the Lord loved him and that he loved his father and things would be al-right. 

I wish I had that strength and faith that my savior had, But I don't yet that is why I am studying the gospel and learning new things every time I sit down and pray, read and study the preach my gospel and the scriptures a long side each other. 


I know its a long post, But I felt that I needed to share this with people :)... I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I had writing it today.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment